Invitation to All Student Filmmakers Worldwide to Submit Their Films
The anniversary edition of the Sehsüchte International Student Film Festival, one of the biggest film festivals for young filmmakers in Europe, will take place between 21 and 15 April 2021.
With our anniversary motto ignite we are looking optimistically into the future, calling on creative flames to be reignited, to spark debates and let the films shine. Our festival attaches great importance to a varied and innovative programme, which reflects both the themes of young international film artists and the diversity of the media landscape. Sehsüchte aims to promote young international filmmakers, providing the opportunity to network within the industry and making the best works of young talents from around the world accessible to a broad audience.
Due to the corona pandemic, the 50th edition will most likely take place as a hybrid festival, both online and offline. In this case the festival programme is expected to be screened at the festival location and be made available online as VoD streaming for registered users.
We accept submissions starting from today and want to invite all filmmakers worldwide to submit their films in the following CATEGORIES:
- Feature Film (min. 50 min)
- Short Film (max. 50 min)
- Documentary Feature (min. 50 min)
- Documentary Short (max. 50 min)
- Animation (any length)
- Future: Kids (Children’s films / any length)
- Future: Teens (Youth films / any length)
- Focus Production¹ (exceptional production / any length)
- 360° ² (min. 2 min)
¹ in the section Focus Production additional production documents must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to the submission of the film.
² in the section 360° works must be sent via download link (WeTransfer, MyAirBridge etc.) together with the completed PDF application to email@example.com.
SUBMISSION PERIOD: 16.11.2020 – 15.01.2021
SUBMISSIONS VIA FESTHOME: https://festhome.com/festival/sehs-chte
For the section Schreibsüchte the following is accepted:
- German screenplays with a planned minimum runtime of 50 minutes for the prize Best Screenplay.
- Unproduced English or German Language film and TV concepts in exposé form up to max. 10 A4-size pages.
As part of the festival, there will be a Pitch! Competition during the festival where the best film or a television show concept (Feature or Documentary film, Series or Format) will be awarded Best Pitch.
- Submissions for both categories, together with the filled-out application form, found on the website, must be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Exhibition: Beyond the Frame we are looking for:
- Innovative projects using modern technologies in a creative manner both online and offline. These could involve for example XR, artificial intelligence, projection mapping, sensor-based systems, audio-visual performances web-based experiences. The exhibition strives to present novel forms of storytelling and digital media art.
- The Exhibition will take place in an analogue-digital hybrid form.
- For more information please visit https://sehsuechte.de/en/exhibition
The winning films are chosen by our expert juries. The winners will receive high cash and non-cash prizes. (An exception is the Genre Award, which is chosen by the audience).
For further information please have a look at the Regulations or visit our website: https://sehsuechte.de/call-for-entries/ .
If you have any further questions, please contact us via email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your submissions!
The Sehsüchte Team 2021